Advancements from 2020-12
NextJS - Updated from Create React App to NextJS.
- This allows systems like Facebook, Google, and Discord to properly scrape and embed the website from links.
- It also minimizes project bundle sizes by generating the HTML for the static sites automatically during build time.
Database connection update - With the move to NextJS, we were also presented with the ability to create serverless functions to make connections to the MongoDB database.
This should fix a momentary crash when the website loads the first time as the MongoDB Realm system has been removed from the website in favor of a direct connection.
Move from Github Pages to Vercel. Vercel is the recommended platform to host NextJS applications.
Massacre Mission Tracker - the tracker is now live!
- Due to issues with EDSM, it is currently hardcoded on Bibaridji and HIP 4120. In the future, you will be able to add/delete Haz Rez systems.
- You can Add/Delete Columns to adjust how many missions you receive for a certain faction.
- Rows are banded to assist visually.
Merch Store - With the Logo competition in full swing, the website has a placeholder for the future merch store. We look forward to the store once the logo selection is concluded.